MARS is a fully computer-animated short film about the first landing of mankind on the red planet. This mission does not quite go according to plan and a bitter race around the planet begins. The film was created at the University of Applied Sciences in Hagenberg, Upper Austria.
Animation and modeling was done in Maya and ZBrush, Nuke was used for compositing and the audio has been mixed in 5.1 surround sound with Logic Pro. Rendering was done entirely with MentalRay on private workstations.
More infos: facebook.com/Mars3dAnimatedShort
Robert Derflinger – Modeling, Animation, Rigging, Sound // mowslide.eu
Thomas Heller – Modeling, Animation, Rigging // thomasheller.net
Christian Holzer – Modeling, Animation, Concept, Direction // christianholzer.com
Johannes Lindtner – Modeling, Animation, Concept Art // johanneslindtner.com
Manuel Wieser – Modeling, Animation, Compositing // manuelwieser.com
Music: Andreas Kübler // imascore.com
MARS at short film competitions / screenings :
- 8. INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL DETMOLD 2012, Germany
- kult:festival Freistadt, Austria won first place in shortfilm competition
- cinema next, Linz,Austria
- Emmentaler Filmtage 2012, Switzerland
- ONE DAY ANIMATION FESTIVAL, Vienna, Austria – honorable mention
- TISFEST Animation Festival, Turky